Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
huffy

clutch/brake rod help

huffy
While putting my 2012 back together I noticed the manual shows a spring and 2 shaft collars that weren't on there when I took it apart. They're parts BG, BE, and BD in the pic below. Can anyone tell me the approximate dimensions of the spring? I'd like to see if I can find something that'll work at the hardware store tomorrow rather than having to order one.

GLPointon
BG & BE would be under the seat right up against F and is just to "cushion" the pedal & clutch assy. If they're missing then any medium spring and collar should do...(not critical parts IMO) BD is another "parking brake" part to lock down on the rod. It was used on some models instead of parts X & Y Good luck sm01

huffy
Thanks, Greg. I knew they weren't essential since the tractor operated fine without them. I just figured that as long as I have everything apart I'll go ahead and put it together like it shows in the manual. Shaft collars I had laying around. I was only wondering about the spring. The diameter's pretty obvious from the size of the rod it fits over; I was basically just wondering how long it is. Obviously using one that's a bit longer or shorter won't matter since you just adjust the shaft collar. But I figured I may as well look for one that was roughly close to the same length as the original.