Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spring stripes

country

My secrets to nice stripes: 1. Use an AC917H (or Simplicity, Homelite, or other branded garden tractor or riding mower). 2. Take pictures with the sun behind you low in the sky. 3. Take pictures from the second story, in my case from the door leading out to the deck. Note where my yard ends and the neighbor's begins in the left of the pick.

You forgot the most important one: 4) drink lemonade or iced tea instead of beer while you mow so that you're actually able to keep the stripes straight. sm06 Seriously, though, that's a beautiful looking cut.

quote:
4) drink lemonade or iced tea instead of beer while you mow so that you're actually able to keep the stripes straight.
I just mow with one eye shut.............:o) Looks nice!

quote:
Originally posted by country
Note where my yard ends and the neighbor's begins in the left of the pick.
Ask your neighbor if he would like his lawn mowed.:D:D Awesome stripes!!dOddOd

Thats about as good as it gets! Beautiful job! I think I will mow my yard today, don't really need it yet but those pics got me thinking stripes.

I did the second full mowing on Wednesday with the Landlord DLX, and decided to do stripes, particularly out front. The first time I mowed the whole lawn with it, I followed a similar pattern that I frequently used when mowing with the Cub 129, and thought I saved about a half an hour of mowing time, which with the Cub under favorable conditions and no breakdowns normally takes about 2 hours. This week, doing stripes, I was able to do it in an hour and a half, I was anticipating at least a little time penalty. The stripes weren't as pronounced as I hoped, though I was working with a 2 1/2 inch cutting height and fairly dry grass, though we had over an inch of rain earlier in the week. Still looks great though!!

I like the grill and the stripes. When are ya 'vitin' us all over for steak and cocktails to admire your yard?

Nice!! A few pictures of my mowing adventures today.

My second attempt at stripes. They look ok, but the grass wasn't thick enough to do them well.

OOPS!!:O Something happened to the mower deck!!

Bolt fell out of the roller mechanism, but I came up with a fix from my bolt collection in about 5 minutes, after I gave up looking for the old bolt.

Lawn is done, the landlord in front of the Rieslingssm01

The new Landlord next to the old Sunrunner

• Who's Online (See full list)

• simplewrench
    • PhanDad
    • CarlH
    • dragman64
    • BMinor0788
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts