Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign/900 Series Wiring Harness

rs07

Does anyone here know of any vendors that make a wiring harness for the Simplicity Sovereign / Allis 900 Series Tractors? I have a 1986 Deutz-Allis 912H and would like an extra wiring harness handy in case I ever need it. I see Simplicity still makes a wiring harness for the late model Sovereigns that had the Kohler Command / Triad engines in them. I was wondering with a few modifications if this would work on my Deutz with the Kohler K301 engine in it?

There is so few wires in yours it would be easy to make a new one on your own. The later models had more wires to handle seat switch and fuel shut down solenoid. It would work with some changes.

Thats what I was kind of leaning towards, making my own. What gauge wire is used for these? It's hard for me to tell.

quote:
Originally posted by rs07
Thats what I was kind of leaning towards, making my own. What gauge wire is used for these? It's hard for me to tell.
You should be safe with 16GA as your runs are short and about 10-15 amps is the most youl'll see.