Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sugarcreek Ohio Garden Tractor Show Report

DaveTenney

DaveTenney
I went to the Sugarcreek Ohio Garden Tractor Show on Saturday morning. They have been having this show for about 15 years, and this was my second time attending. Lots of nice tractors, but most of them the wrong color! If you are into Cubs and Wheel Horses this is the place to go. I did see a few of the right persuasion though, and a couple real nice ones:

This is a nice 101...I like everything but the running boards and wrong seat!

A super nice HB112...Paint on this was excellent. Dig that seat! I think Charlie was ready to drive this one home.

Another view from the pilot seat.

Here is a sorta overall view of the show. They had a GT Pull set up on the gravel area. Saw a few real nice Economy and Simplex Tractors, Cubs and Deere's with loaders, a mini grain trailer that I should have taken a picture of, a couple of 1/3 scale farm tractors, a swap meet with lots of cub and wheel horse stuff (I did spy a Simplicity Tiller and Snow blower for sale). There were also a couple RB Tractors there, but nothing to write home about. One guy had a beautiful Allis 312 but I didn't get a picture of it. All in all a real nice show that I plan to go to again! Dave

dOd Thaks for the pics and report Dave. Looks like your young lad had a good time. B10Dave

Is it just me, or does anyone else just dig the 101's because of the decals they put on the hood? Ther's just something about it that I've always liked. Dave: you should probably start thinking about getting Charlie a tractor. That Allis he liked is a bit much for him now, but he looks like he'll soon outgrow his peddle tractor.

Talntedmrgreen
quote:
Originally posted by huffy
Is it just me, or does anyone else just dig the 101's because of the decals they put on the hood? Ther's just something about it that I've always liked.
You're not alone...;)

DaveTenney
101's and Big Tens are my favorite...Based primarily on paint and decals! I've got my eyes open for an old Wonder Boy for the kids to play with...I even had one when I was a kid. Neighbor gave it to me for free! Wish I still had it... DAve

goatfarmer
quote:
Originally posted by DaveTenney
101's and Big Tens are my favorite...Based primarily on paint and decals! I've got my eyes open for an old Wonder Boy for the kids to play with...I even had one when I was a kid. Neighbor gave it to me for free! Wish I still had it... DAve
Wonder Boy tractor, or RER?

DaveTenney
Wonder boy tractor...The one I had was a Joystick control just like the one here:http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1959/wonder_boy.htm Mine had an old 2 HP Briggs on it. I remember that I used to run it on Kerosene! Somehow I had acquired 5 gallons of K1 and had read in a book that they used to run farm tractors on it (I was about 13 years old at the time). I would start it up with a bit of gas in the tank, and once it warmed up I would fill the tank up with kerosene while it was running. I seem to remember that I had to richen the carb to make it run. I remember that it didn't have as much power on kerosene, and would knock under load. Other than that it ran pretty good. Can't kill them old Briggs! Dave