Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

rear blades

MPH
Just called a guy about a tiller for a bolens tractor that I eye-balled 2 years in a FFA warehouse thinking I could retrofit to my 725, got to talkin and he said his bro gave him a Simplicity tractor 3 years ago with a deck,snow blade and rear blade. No Idea what model it is so I had the thought maybe someone could tell me when Simplicty first offered a rear blade. Only one I found doing a seach was on a 3 point for a 720...Thanks for any info MPH

Les
My best guess as to your rear blade is that it is a Brinely sleeve hitch mount. You can buy the Brinely at any Farm store, if they dont have it in stock they can order it for you. I know that Blaines Farm & Fleet stores stock them. There is a drawing of a sleeve hitch adaptor on this site. If you cant weld you can print the drawing off, take it to a welder and have it made. Should cost you less than fifty bucks. As I recall the Brinely blade sells for $239 or something close to that. If you dont have a farm store close, go to a True Value Hardware, they can order you one.

MPH
Thanks Les, I couldn't stand knowing there was aSimplicty tractor and some attachments 60 miles from Tok Alaska that might be buyable and go to bed not Knowing what model it was so I took a drive after work. Its a Landlord with a 23D briggs and white strip down the hood. The rear plow he spoke of on the phone is a moboard plow all pretty orange, as is the snow blower and sickle mower, YEP,,,shes comin home...MPH