Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
skot71

Been a while/free Regent 14

skot71
Hey! This is my first post in quite a while. Wasn't even sure if my username was still on here. No excuse, just didn't visit here much. Now on to the reason I'm posting. I was fortunate enough to be offered 2 free tractors. A John Deere from my uncle that he said didn't run and may need minor work, and a Simplicity Regent 14 hydro from my Aunt. Guess which one I'm keeping? heehee. But the good part is that I contacted an old friend, ZippoVarga to see if he needed a John Deere. He didn't, but lives about a half mile from my uncle, and had just gotten a call from a friend that had moved and was push mowing 3 acres. So Zippo got the Deere going, and it found a good home to someone that needed it. My Regent needed a new battery from sitting, but otherwise works great. My uncle had had a lot of new parts put on (belts, filters, tuneup, etc.) a couple of years ago right before he died. My aunt's neighbor mows her yard since she's basically a shut in, and she insisted I take the Simplicity. My B-208's frame is having some issues, so I have a new tractor. It is missing the grass deflector and headlight assembly. Anyone have extras? Can anyone tell me the equivalent tractors to this Regent? Pros? Cons? Thanks in advance for any info!!!!! Oh, and I'll try to get some pics tonight after my son's ballgame.

steve-wis
The headlight assy. is a weak point on these, and you will probably not find a used one. The headllights are the thing that sticks out the farthest in the front, so if you bump something, the headlights are gone. I looked all over for a headlight assy. and finally bought a new one, I think it was about $70 a year or so ago. Otherwise they are handy to mow with. I sold mine because I didn't need it and have a very small yard, so I cut it with a yeoman with 32 inch deck which fits the place better. You should like your regent tho. Steve

1Litre
This is a Regent 12 parting out project. What mower is on your 14?

The light is not broken on front or back but is pushed out of place. I think it can be put back in place and work. When you say deflector do you mean on the discharge end of the deck or something under the deck? Let me know what deck and I will look sunday if I have one.

skot71
1Litre, yes, the grass deflector on the deck. I have to search my Aunt's garage and see if my uncle stashed it there. The tractor in the pic you posted looks different than what I have, but maybe it would work? The panel below the light is different on mine. I fell asleep after my son's ballgame last night and didn't get a pic of mine.

skot71
Here's a pic I took with my phone while it at my Aunt's house. Sorry, can't see the headlights in this pic. http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu123/skot71/SkotRegent14.jpg