Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Happy Garage

Brettw

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
A full garage is a happy garage!:D
That's not full. You could fit at least 3 more tractors in there, easily. And that's not even counting the ample room you have to build your collection upwards just by adding some pallet racks. 8D Seriously, though, that's a nice collection. Nice garage, too. It sure is a lot neater and better kept than my garage is right now.

I second what simple-kid said, I also like the large window for natural lighting. And the white wall paint appears to help with lighting also. Much brighter than my garage. Time to paint I guess!

quote:
Just curious, whats in all the boxed in space around the bench ??
I had started doing this years ago on projects where appropriate. It is a boxed out area that is built on the wall, similar to a boxed out window or hung bay on a house. That is where I put the workbench and shelves. It is an inexpensive way to "add" about 2' to the garage as it gets the bench out of the way of floor space and pushes it out 2'. It is then filled with a built in bench and shelves. So if I understand your question correctly, there isn't any "boxed in" space, but the bench area is boxed out (under the overhang). You can see what I mean in this pic.

quote:
I understand perfectly. Very cool idea
In the right circumstance, this can be done to an existing garage in a day. I would estimate the cost at about $400-500 in total materials. So if anyone really could use the extra 2', I would be happy to explain it, and help if you are local.