Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MrSteele

Plow and cultivator for JD or other tractor

MrSteele
For those of you who know, is $250 too much to give for a Brinley plaw and cultivator bought for a JD or other sleeve hitch tractor? Found one on local Craigslist. I have no idea what a cultivator would be, though.

timflury
I bought a used Brinly sleeve hitch plow for $100.00. I have recently seen some go for $150. Northern Tool lists them for $329. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200381730_200381730?issearch=365358 I'm sure someone else will chime in and let us know about a used cultivator. Northern Tool lists them for $189. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200379195_200379195?issearch=365361 So, figuring say half price for used equipment, buying both for $250 would be close to a fair asking price.

huffy
Got any pics from the CL listing? It kind of depends on condition and a few other things. As for the cultivator, if it's the old "c-channel" construction type, where I live those get kind of expensive if they're in good shape. A few weeks ago I saw a really nice one near me sell for over $200. But, I've seen ones in not as great of shape and missing a few tines go for $40. It's kind of the same with the plows. But, I'd say I see plows in decent shape average around $125 to $175.

Dark
The trend seems to be $100.00 US per bottom. for any used plow . at auctions three bottom plows top out around $300.00 US where as a two bottom tops out around $200.00 US these examples are for full sized dearborn plows my one bottom garden tractor plow when purchased was around $75.00 US at auction a little cheaper but it was a good day for me lol