Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mack

Portland, IN Spring 2012. Triumphs & Tragedy

Mack
There were a few triumphs this spring meet but there was a very disturbing moment also. The good was picking up a Brinly sleeve hitch planter with the only important seed disc as far as I was concerned, "sweet corn" so a happy camper here at the OBO of 2 and a half when the asking price was three.

The disturbing part of the week was that I could get no takers of a fairly clean, complete, with new forty dollar decals and an old style grill emblem for restoration at an asking price of two and a half "Firm" ! I worked with every serious suitor but the best and only offer I got was $150.00 for an Original Allis Chalmers B-1 tractor!

Mack
Here's acouple of pictures of the tractor in question taken shortly after I got it in 2010 and representative of the same condition presented at the meet.

I'm not upset about not selling the tractor but I am a little upset about the total lack of appreciation of the significance of this model being the literature I have points to the B-! being widely introduced to the buying public in 1962 making this the 50Th anniversary of the Allis Lawn and Garden line.

Mack
http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=115606 Didn't realize until it was pointed out to me that the original tool box is shown in the B-1 brochure and not in any following brochures that I am aware of. [:o)

MDB
I was a surprised that there was little or no interest in that B-1 too. It is worth the asking price IMO, and it is a really clean original B-1. But I already have one...

henroan
I know the feeling. Been trying to sell my 725 no takers at the price I was asking. Don't know what I'll do now. 150 is an excellent price wish i could afford it. Good luck.

Sign in to follow this