Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

$35 BuCkEt - O - rUsT

SmilinSam

Perhaps the rustiest tractor I have picked up... or at least the second rustiest maybe Got this at the Bliss Auction in Princeville today..
[img]http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/Smilinsam/More%20stuff/001-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/Smilinsam/More%20stuff/002-3.jpg[/img]
Not much interested in any fixing, but need ing particularly mo-parts. In particular one part that would have cost me around $40 alone...:D a lift cable to replace the one I broke a little while back.
[img]http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/Smilinsam/More%20stuff/004-1.jpg[/img]
I believe I will just update the older lift with this newer one while I am at it. Rear axle has a buch of weeds wrapped up and grown around it, and I'll have to see if the kohler 12 will actually run...once I evict the current tennants:D

So what is the Mutt? 710 6 speed on the hood, you say 12 hp kohler, and a shuttle under the rear fender :D:D

AND.. a Simplicity seat deck! ID tag is for a Allis 712S ..kinda like using dental records for identifacation on this one:D I didnt even notice the shuttle or the seat deck till about the 4th time I looked the tractor over and was looking closer at the lift. Whoever had it before must have had plenty of spare parts laying around. You should have seen the 912H next to this one in the lineup. They had arbor covers from a Allis 400 series bolted onto the deck, ..right down tight onto the arborsB) Then the 42" deck next to that still had wet paint on it. The auction helper on the ground had orange shoes when he rubbed up against it:D..and it had a baffle from a 48" deck hacked and bolted into itsm00

Sam, Markets are tight. Interest rates are next to nil. I'll give you 100% profit and double your money. What more could you ask?:D

I think that old sunstar was much worse .I sure would not have tackled that old beast(oh ya I did) did you ever get that thing done?

The frame and the metal look straight, good hood, shuttle planetary, etc... I see alot of potential...or at least alot of useable parts. I think she's a Good buy sm01

I want a tractor with a shuttle so bad. Nice pickup for the cash, I paid twice that for a 4211 with a bad hydro and no motor.. (I needed the hood). It's a bonus if it runs!

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
One word, Sam: RESTORATION!:D
Goat...If it were actually a 6 Speed, I would restore it to be my dedicated tilling rig, but alas its not. The tranny will end up on Eds auction( in events and gatherings) along with some other parts from it. The engine and gear box and PTo will stay here for spares. Might save the hood, but it will also probably end up at the auction. Incidentally , I hauled the firts of 3 loads over there yesterday from my stuff. Two more loads to go... I noticed the PTO cap is a replacement with the dealer inventory sticker still on it and the starter is a shiny replacement as well. So , someone spent some money on this before retiring it to the weeds.

I could use the seat pan. I have a Simplicity 7110 6 speed and it came with a Allis 700 series seat pan which I would like to get rid of. The seat pan on yours would work great for my tractor, let me know.

quote:
Originally posted by deezay
I want a tractor with a shuttle so bad. Nice pickup for the cash, I paid twice that for a 4211 with a bad hydro and no motor.. (I needed the hood). It's a bonus if it runs!
I have an Allis 412S that runs, that I would part with. Northern Indiana.