Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

plowing garden

vtwinman67

http://youtu.be/o_v0etZI3Fc Here is the link to my u tube video of me and my 7112 landlord plowing my garden. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks Matt.

I want to help you with this a bit and not seem critical .. if you look at the furrow that is dug out you will see that the soil is scattered on both sides. This tells me your land (figure c)is not level and you are chiseling the ground not folding it over. After each run you want to see a flat trench that was dug and folded away. The shear (figure H)should cut the soil and moldboard(figure d)should roll it over. the back if the blow the land (figure c) should be about level when the plow digs in. The chain on lift (figure f) should drop and do its work by allowing it to lower more, the toe (figure e)the front part of the plow shear will punch the soil and dig once the land is set so the weight (figure A) may not be needed the colter wheel(figure b)cuts the soil to help the toe dig if this is set to low it will not allow the toe to dig set about 1 1/2 inches above the toe for a start. when watching the video you will see the plow never plains out "levels" adjust the plain using the handle on the back (figure g)just some tips it may seem that the plow is working but after some adjustments it will work better for you.
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/Dark/plow%20goof.JPG[/img]

Matt, Mark is correct. There was a post on here a while back on setting up a plow, and I posted some pics of rough setting mine as well. When the tractor is in the furrow and the plow is at depth, the plow should be level. On your set up it looks like the rear of the plow is still high and the point is low, making it want to dig deeper. Scroll down in the show and tell page till you find my post, "new plow mounted with pics". There are some pics of how to set up. (Disclaimer: I haven't plowed with mine yet, so will need fine tuning when I do). I like your hitch set up, looks good! If you can get that plow down level, you will get nicer looking furrows. Good luck! Steve

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Austin
    • Tom45
    • maxwood
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts