Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
vtwinman67

new find

rokon2813
Depending on the tractor, numbers may be behind the seat, (early foot draggers) at the bottom of the dash in front of the shifter, (flat hood foot draggers) either side of the "tunnel" right above the running boards (early running board tractors) probably other places, on later models. A "landlord" was built for probably 30 years or so.... So, to start with if you cant post a picture, what style tractor is it? What makes you think its a landlord? Also, the code number off the Briggs, (if its original) will date the unit

MDB
quote:
Originally posted by timflury
Looks like a 725, early 60's. '61-63 by the long steering column.
I would say so too, and also it looks like it has a Model 19D Briggs (7HP) rather than a 14HP. The reason that I say this is because it looks like the spacers are still under the engine, it has a 3 bolt carburetor rather than a 4 bolt and it has an oil bath air filter rather than a dry foam element.

RayS
quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
BANG!!! shot me down. I guessed within 30 years or so and still got it wrong. :D:D:D:D However,in my defense, that is NOT a landlord :O:O
And it isn`t a 14hp.:D

ReedS
The front tires are non original for that model as well! Most certainly a 725, curved shifter tall colum, late 62- early 63 or so would be my guess. Model 19 eng should have an ID plate on the front of of the cylinder air shroud. If it's the original engine it's production date would predate the actual production date of tractor by at least a month or so IMO! A close look at your photo shows a black block and an orange shroud which would indicate some sort of mixed heritage to me, and I can't tell if the cylinder air shroud is there, original engine would have been all orange.