Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 310 VS 410..............

LesH

Lots of differences: The 310 has a manual pto vs. electric on the 410. Some of the tinwork is not interchangeable. The 300's had metal fuel tanks whereas the 400's had a larger plastic fuel tank. The 310 has a variable speed rear end and the 410 has a shuttle transmission or possibly a straight 3 speed. The front axles are also constructed differently.

Chris, being curious as well, are the attachment hitch points the same for each series, making the attachments interchangeable?

the front mule drives are different. the rear mounts (are the same except for the very latest 400's.. a little complicated story here.. choke cables are placed differently therefore cables are different lengths. front axles are different but I believe are interchangeable electric lifts are not so common on 400's as I think they were only available as an option where on the 300 D and H they were standard equipment, I believe these are interchangeable the parking brake set mechanism is different I'm interested to know what the tinwork differences are... by tinwork I'm assuming you mean the hood, grill, running boards, and rear fenders... I hope the grill is interchangeable as I just picked up a nice one from a 400 to use on a 300...

The hoods are interchangeable as is the rear seat deck. The dash towers are designed differently and so are the side panels. The grill housing is different but will swap. The running boards on the 400's have the little holes for anti-slip while the 300's were plain flat running boards with rubber liners glued on. I'm not sure if they bolt up the same.