Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TN2

Simplicity 4111

TN2
Newbie here and recently picked up a Simplicity 4111 1690261 with 36" deck. Mower, deck and everything but the motor is in real good shape. I'm afraid the 11 horse briggs is in bad shape (no compression) What can I replace this motor with? Thanks any help appreciated.

1Litre

Put a Hemi in it! It is late and I have lost my mind. I do not know what aroma is better? Fresh cut grass or fresh burned nitromethane . You can never have to much horsepower!! ;)

TN2
Thanks guys for the help, but I'm realy confused about this engine. The frame number is 1690343 which makes it a 4111 11hp es with 36" mower. Ok here's what confusing the numbers on the motor are 190707 0807 01 77020910 and from the information I'm finding this is for a 8 hp motor. What's going on here or am I missing something? Oh by the way no hemi, small block chevy maybe and nothing like a good shot of strong nitro to clear the sinuses!

1Litre
Sounds like the 11 hp was replaced for some reason and a 8hp was installed. They built those as 4108 and they run good. You would like the extra hp when you have a collection system that requires the high lift type blades

bud119195
I would find a good used 12 hp and put in it. I see them all the time on craigslist for 100 to 200 bucks. And yes the #'s you listed are for a 8 hp so the tractor doesnt have origional motor.