Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sovereign still does OK

DanD

The ol' Sovereign still does a pretty good job of cutting the grass! No need to update yet!

Sorry that the lighting wasn't good in these pictures. Was too close to sunset!

Love the way those older tractors just keep going and going and..... Nice looking lawn! Steve

Beautiful...but OLD? That's 'late model' to a lot of us ;) I'd like to hunt one down myself....

I agree, great looking cut. But your Sovereign is less than 20 yrs old, it's still a youngster!

Hello, they made the sovereign until the year 2000 and that was top of the Line model over $5000. It should last another 15 years. Ken in Mi

The term old I guess was meant just in relation to the wonderful new tractors available at your nearest big box store! Or perhaps should have been more accurately written as the "Ol Sovereign" or something similar. However, the new Sovereign is already entering its 13th season. It (according to the writing in the owner's manual) was purchased new in May, 2000. I certainly hope it lasts more than 15 more seasons as it has a brand new Kohler Command Pro in it from Al Eden that currently has about 10 hours on it! Also, because my older Sovereign is currently in its 38th or 39th season. You can see the glimpse of the deck for that tractor in the first picture above. Here is a picture of it showing its mowing capabilities. Don't think I'll get rid of it either!

quote:
Originally posted by rpickle
Is that an updated pic? That corn must have been planted EARLY:)
ya lol and the trees leaves are brown lol, but our corn here will look like that only 6 inches tall because of now rain lol

quote:
Originally posted by rpickle
Is that an updated pic? That corn must have been planted EARLY:)
The old Sovereign picture was taken a couple of years ago. It is in the shed and could be mowing with 30 minutes of work. If you look in the shed on the first picture of the new Sovereign (those were taken yesterday) you'll see the old Sovereign's deck up against the wall.

• 2 weeks later...