Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tires?

PhanDad

Check the tires on a new 2011 Prestige:

Anyone know what they are? They look like a cross between a turf tire and a walk behind snowblower tire. Is this the "new" turf tire or some special on this particular tractor?

Can't help you there, but I like the look of the tires. You don't know the available sizes do you? Rick.....

Is that a 4 wheel drive tractor? it looks like it? That may be why they are using a more aggressive tire.

That is a 4 wheel prestige, pretty nice tractor but when did they go to plastic shelled seats?

The new Prestige in my dealers show room has Kendra 24 X 12 X 12 with a tread design that is the same as the Carlisle Turf Masters.

They have been plastic shelled seats from the begining of the Prestige series. It is a thick plastic pan. The vinly covering the cushion is the big joke.

Ray my 2001 legacy has the metal pan and a very comfy seat but you're right the vinyl cracks very easily, anyone find a good seat cover that is made of cordura or a good material, the ebay and northern tool covers are terrible.

Tires remind me of the dual purpose tires on my old dual purpose dirt bike. Pure compromise. I went to knobby rear. AG's probably bite better; but that will tear up a lawn. They look stronger than simple turfs. But not much. Deeper tread? That would help on hills, kinda. Wah happened on the rear hitch? I don't follow new tractors much; but this looks like the rear end of an LT. I thought Prestige was a lot more than an LT. ?? (don't know much). I wonder what the trans is - and will it pull, and endure? Sorry to hear about the seat. Somebody tell me this is worthy of the name Prestige. I am fearful of the dreaded predicted cheapening of the brand - wow I hate to say that. seriously. :( Tell me I'm wrong.