Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Tarheel

lift kit rods and cables

Tarheel
I now have my 36 inch tiller up and running but it is on my 7117H and I want it on my 3310V. The 3310 don't have a lift kit so I start looking and not a single one of my 3000 series tractors have a lift ! So I start digging through spare parts bins, piles and buildings and I come up with a sleeve hitch and a 2 piece rod that is jointed with metal "U's". My brain wants me to believe this is off a later model Sovereign but in looking at the manuals I see only cables listed. I simply can't remember. Anyone know what I've got ? Thanks

MysTiK
I daresay you might have a customized gem. got pix? There's been a few threads w some mods, and creative ways of fitting alt lift mechanisms around the other stuff under the seat, etc. but usually cable ultimately. You might have only the part that supports the sleeve hitch. I have seen the part where it actually attaches to SH done with rod, chain, or clevis; but these have only been on the rearmost part of standard cable lifts, between lift tube and SH.

Tarheel
This rod that I have looks just like "m" in the following http://www.haltomequipmentco.com/pages/OemParts#%2fSimplicity%2f990434_-_Sovereign_3012%2c_12HP_%28ML%29%2fREAR_LIFT_DRAW_BAR_GROUP%2f10582%2f14971 But the one I have is cut and linked together like a chain with "U" shaped round stock welded to each rod. So it lifts only, no down force. As I said above, I have it in mind that this thing came off of a 7100 or 7000 even though I can see for myself that the manual don't seem to list such. I'm also pretty sure that I came across this thing over 20 years ago while working at a Simplicity dealership. Could be it was a user made item.

RedbarnRick
I have a manual for a 3012 soveriegn and the sleeve hitch is connected with a rod wi a J hook on the end that goes thru the sleeve hitch and an adjustable yoke that attaches to the rockshaft. PM me if you want a copy of the manual, I can't remember how to get a page out of a pdf and onto the site. Maybe a sticky for us old guys with CRS is in order.

Tarheel
Bob, That is the very one I have. Thank you for your time and effort. Thinking about this thing a while ago, I do believe it did come off of a 7100. It had worn through the aluminum housing on the Sunstrand pump and I had to replace the pump housing as well as put a lift cable on the tractor. I know I replaced a housing for that reason once, just not sure this was the rod from that job etc. Anyway, Thanks for getting me on the right page. Now I can see if it will work on the 3310V.