Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big Auction in Central PA

rfsmith1952

Lots of tractors and parts at the big memorial day (monday) auction here in central Pa. (Derflers' in Pine Grove PA - exit 100 off I81) Here are two I'm thinking about: This one is "as is" I would go $200 tops.. Don't have a foot draggersm01

This one has a tiller and a deck - I don't know how much to bid.

Here's a link to all the images, there are loads of tractors and even more attachments! [url]http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/1340053.html[/url] Any advice/descriptions would be appreciated!

quote:
Originally posted by rfsmith1952
Lots of tractors and parts at the big memorial day (monday) auction here in central Pa. (Derflers' in Pine Grove PA - exit 100 off I81) This one has a tiller and a deck - I don't know how much to bid.
[img]/club2/attach/rfsmith1952/fi455.jpg[/img]

well, not too crazy but if you figure 200+ for tractor 200 for tiller and 100 for deck that would be a pretty reasonable deal... but at auction im not sure how accurate a history you would get...does it run? are the tiller bearings shot, it the deck tight? Im a little confused as to what model it is... I cant make out the # on the hood it has headlights but has a manual lift,standard seat, and manual pto so it doesnt seem to be a "D" or deluxe model so the headlights must have been added as a single option. It would be a 3 speed variable as it is not hydrostatic as those all had the electric pto and electric lift. Based on the front tires, if they are original, it is either a 12 or 14 horse. If the hood decal is correct then it will be a points ignition, not breakerless...... Im still trying to figure out exactly which tractors had the AC emblem on the front grill which this one does not have... the hubcaps are also a little confusing as I thought they came with the D option therefore if original they were also a singly added option It does look very clean!! hope this helps

Thanks Chris. I may go out and have a close-up look. You are allowed to do that on Sunday I think.

The first one is an AC B210 I think, according to the written description. It carries the admonition "As Is" I tried a closer look at the hood on the second one, but no luck there. Someone will ID it.

quote:
Any ideas on this one?
[img]/Club2/attach/rfsmith1952/fi558.jpg[/img]

I believe that is a Sears Suburban.

Bob if the "as-is" B210 runs ok then I think $200+ is a good price. Looks like OEM Headlight kit, Variable speed, original Seat Frame, Rear Lift, Hydro-lift would be better but it still looks pretty good...I see Tank was changed & side panal missing...but if the engine is bad then????? The newer AC3-- looks great, Like Chris said it looks like a Deluxe but has the wrong equip.pkg...but looks good with nice attachments. Wish I could go to a show/swap meet nearby. Thanks for sharing sm01 p.s...Try to find me some cheap wheel weights ;)

BTW, it'll till up a storm... but in that case the HP does not matter.... a 310 does a great job... but in my experience the skinny tires are better for that job... relative to turning the corners... lemme know (us) know if you get it.. (especially if you intend to keep it!!) heck... if I werent in the middle of a major project i would be shooting down 81 myself!!! I would say if you want a 3speed variable you should try for it.. they will pull like nothing else... everyone needs at least one of these!!! they pull like %@$#^&.... but are NOT fast (ground speed) the decks do an amazing job of cutting... regardless of their shallow depth... you might need to set your depth high if you wanna cut 2ft grass but itll do it for sure....

quote:
Any ideas on this one?
[img]/Club2/attach/rfsmith1952/fi558.jpg[/img]

..... with a real 3 point hitch....

Thanks for the input. I'll try to get out there before monday to recon. @Greg: I'll look for wheel weights for you, but shipping costs may negate any savings. How about this little fella:

Looks like someone took care of it.

Bob, That B-210 is a twin to our first A/C, which we still have and use after 25 years. I have replaced the BGB and vari-drive with parts from one that was not so badly worn. The vari-drive would be the deal breaker as there are few OEM parts to repair them. If you go check it out, raise the seat pan, push the clutch to throw some slack in the belt and check the pulleys for side play. If there is much wobble and the $70 belt is worn out, I would not go real high on the bid. If all is tight there, they are a great tractor. That does look like a fun sale to go to.

No one has mentioned yet but the Sears has the Simplicity HD dozer blade mounted on it. The lift arm they are using for the Simplicity blade appears to have either been removed from the Sears's original mower deck or its part of the rare sears mid-mount grader blade.

Here's some more info and pics on the tractor auction The AC B210 is not running. BGB is tight. Battery is 2011. Spark plug is out, observable damage on piston top. Cranking by hand shows not binding up, but no compression. First shots are the blue sears with the HD plow

This auction is held annually, so if you are interested, figure next Memorial day weekend. One of the first posts has the link to ALL the items for sale. Spouses will surely find something there. Food is good too. I think I'll go $100 on the non-running acb210. I think they are the original headlights. Don't have much interest in the 312.

The tractors and outside stuff is scheduled for 11am, but he ALWAYS runs late. Figure noon. Little red one is a wheel horse.

The Sears went for $60, plow and all The Allis 312 went for $310, with tiller and deck The little red wheel horse went for $250 And the AC B210: I bid up to 100, and it went for 110. Turns out it was a father buying it for his teenage son. We talked after and the father told me son would fix it up for next "Tractor Day" at High School. I told them about the club and how they could get all the info they need to fix the old girl up proper. The father wrote the site down, so I suspect we'll be hearing from them. I guess it was a good outcome. I gave the son my number and told him if he loses interest, I would take the tractor for a hundred. Maybe he'll discover girls }:) On the other hand, if I had a truck and trailer, I could have made some bucks! Some of you closer guys should try this auction. Next one is labor day.

Yeah. I felt like I did a good thing though. To realize I backed off so a father could buy his teenage son a tractor to fix up instead of a gameboy or 100 dollar sneakers was pretty cool. Mystic would say the tractor spirits are smiling down on us:D8D

The little red one looks like my old wheel horse lawn rangers I used to have. Those things are cool little rides.:D