Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cub Cart..?

MPH

I got this photo from an eBay ad for a Cub Cadet vacuum. The cart is supposed to be a Cub Cadet #2. Does this cart look familiar..? Did Simplicity make carts for Cub Cadet..? Did Cub Cadet make carts for Simplicity..? Did a third party supplier make carts for both..? http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/cubcart.jpg

Herb, I'll bet your third party theory is right. Recently a very knowledgable John Deere type told me hydraulic pumps and control gear were made by vendors specializing in hydraulics. Possibly J-D and Simplicity pumps were made by the same vendor, why not the cart too??

think the third party thoery is even more ture to form today that it was 40 years ago. The hydro tranny's in ole Simple/AC tracs is a good example..MPH

My grandfather has a Bolens cart and they have everything the same as a Simplicity cart, operation and all,-BradW

The cart in question was made by Ohio Steel Co.I don't know about the Allis/Simplicity cart but this is the same as a #2 IH Cub Cadet cart.

Dutch, Looking at the picture, I'd say it is definitely a complete Cub #2 set-up. Don't know about the common manufacturing. Marion W. Kerr

It's hard to tell from just this picture, but I don't think this one is the same as a Simplicity cart.... 1) this one doesn't appear to have the additional, external frame arms that allow the box to tilt, like the Simplicity one does... 2) this one doesn't seem to have the curved tongue either... I don't know whether Simplicity actually made their carts, or had them made to their specifications, but they were selling carts as being their own back into the early 50's if not even further back. (That's as far as I can know for sure, 1953, I think is the age of the first literature I've seen) They sold carts with seats on them for use as sulkies with their walkers.... http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/cart4_small.jpg