Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sleeve hitch

vtwinman67

Can anyone give me the dimensions on this sleeve hitch? So I can start fabricating these? nI also will be building the top hitch soon.

Welcome to the club. Learn to use the search engine. Found this in the Tech tips section of the forum. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44264&SearchTerms=sleeve,hitch From one of our early members who has since died, but left quite a bit of information for our use.

I got lucky and found one on craigslist with the balance plate for $25 bucks minus the rod, but the rods are still available.

I don't know if this epay seller is a member here but I would have to ask just how "rare" this hitch is? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIMPLICITY-ALLIS-VINTAGE-GARDEN-TRACTOR-MOWER-SLEEVE-HITCH-RARE-L-k-/300712991010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4603e41922 Seems since, if memory serves, that there have been enough for him/her to put on epay a coupe times a month for over a year that they are not actually all that "rare" after all. I do know that there are members here that openly sell these for half the epay value of $210.00 and are of equal or better quality than the so called "rare" ones! I know, because I did compare, side by side, and bought one of the reproductions just last week. Just say'n. My opinion. VALUE ACCORDINGLY!

I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I have recently sold some of the reproduction hitches on epay and have one on epay right now. As stated in my add they are made locally and are very high quality. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-Allis-Chalmers-1-point-Hitch-Brinly-Adapter-sleeve-hitch-/160809693877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25710132b5 PM me for member discounts and watch for other items coming soon! Dan

Thanks but I want the dimensions so I can start to fabricate these myself. anyone willing to give these measurements would be appreciated.

I did a wanted ad for mine. Took about 3 ads. People did not understand what I needed. Final ad had pix and detailed descript. One guy replied "I have what you need". Done. Rear Lift Assembly + SH = $50. for package deal. Spent a couple hours talking tractors. sm01 And we stay in touch with each other. He wants my parts tractor. :D Took a month for all that to happen. I still haven't used it tho. Had it on the trax for a while; looked really cool; finally took it off. But I wanted it so I could buy SH attachments that kept appearing. Now that I am ready, no attachments in the ads. O well. sm01 I also thought I could adapt it for hauling dump cart or aerator - but I still use the basic one-hole and pin. Not sure if those would be a good idea??

quote:
Originally posted by Mack
I don't know if this epay seller is a member here but I would have to ask just how "rare" this hitch is? http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIMPLICITY-ALLIS-VINTAGE-GARDEN-TRACTOR-MOWER-SLEEVE-HITCH-RARE-L-k-/300712991010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4603e41922 Seems since, if memory serves, that there have been enough for him/her to put on epay a coupe times a month for over a year that they are not actually all that "rare" after all. I do know that there are members here that openly sell these for half the epay value of $210.00 and are of equal or better quality than the so called "rare" ones! I know, because I did compare, side by side, and bought one of the reproductions just last week. Just say'n. My opinion. VALUE ACCORDINGLY!
I agree 100%. Sometimes, the way you simply market the item will increase what bidders will pay. When I look for an item, I will watch a few of the ads at the same time. That way, I can judge how much I want to bid for a given item. Also, It helps to be sitting at the computer when the auction ends in case there is the proverbial "sniper" waiting there to outbid you at the last moment. I have also seen where someone might have bid an excessive amount of money thinking they'll get it no problem and other bidders will get discouraged and move on when they keep seeing the "You've been outbid" message constantly popping up.