Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ugly Tractor Contest

DaveTenney

I was thinking today while I was working on replacing arbor bearings today about Zippo Varga's Ugly Allis. I have to admit that I don't think his tractor is really that ugly...I mean, maybe I run with a crowd that has lower expectations than some others. What I am about to show you is what I think a really ugly tractor...The Simplicity "SlumLord". This tractor is the result of having to many parts tractors and realizing "Hey, I think I can make a whole one out all this junk!" This tractor is only used to run a tiller, and is pull start only. I took off all those pesky 'lectric parts so's I could save money on batteries! This started out as a 64 Landlord, seat pan is off a B110, Seat off a 7010, Motor out of a 101 (The 101 had been sitting outside for 10 years...All the sheet metal was rusted off the motor! Runs Great though...) Rear tires off of the 7010, Low speed pulley from Rural King, Steering Linkage off the 101, Side Panels off a really rough B10. The tractor actually runs and works pretty good. Steering is a bit on the sloppy side (I'm gonna fix this in the near future), and I can't get the float to stop leaking...I tried different needle valves, and O-Rings on the high speed jet but she still is leaker. The SlumLord

So how about you? Got a user that is uglier than this? Dave

I'll post a group of them soon as my desktop is up and working again. Can't post pics from phone :( . Only thing mine are all in original maybe some newer flaking paint and all dead right now

Anyone can build a tractor on an assembly line with new parts. Takes a real man to build one off the junk pile:D:D8D8D

quote:
Originally posted by toomanytractors
Anyone can build a tractor on an assembly line with new parts. Takes a real man to build one off the junk pile:D:D8D8D
Yup......:D

Here is my entry....

Dan (Rokon) might recognize this one....;) It now resides in several different parts of the US and on several of my restorations.....:D

Sure is...I accidentally bought two other beater round hoods since you stopped by! Dave
quote:
Originally posted by huffy
Hey Dave: Is that the tractor that I took the rear fender pan off of to use on my 2012 resto?

Darn, I saw the thread name and thought, At last, something I can get involved in ! Then I scroll down and see that MDB brought a ringer..LOL

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
Here is my entry....
[img]/club2/attach/MDB/red112.jpg[/img]
Dan (Rokon) might recognize this one....;) It now resides in several different parts of the US and on several of my restorations.....:D
I remember it well. The original engine from that made it through a year of tractor pulling for the kids, then ran my loader up till last summer. It broke a ring and blew out the crank seal. It is still here on the shelf waiting for rebuild. :D:D

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
All anyone needs to win, is the seat from MDB's trencher........
I'll gladly donate that seat as the grand prize.......:O:Y:D:D

I'm sorry. Had I known you were going to end up putting that tractor into service I wouldn't have taken the fender pan. It does look sweet all cleaned up and shiny on the 2012, though . . . .
quote:
Originally posted by DaveTenney
Sure is...I accidentally bought two other beater round hoods since you stopped by! Dave
quote:
Hey Dave: Is that the tractor that I took the rear fender pan off of to use on my 2012 resto?

Here is my second entry....

Orange with black engine and check out the gold trim....not to mention the Big Ugly Brown Seat.......:Y&:):Dsm06

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
my entry might be this one...:D
[img]/club2/attach/rokon2813/uglytractor1.jpg[/img]

that is just an outright shame such an ugly color on such a sweet tractor that guy should be ashame of himself

quote:
MDB: I agree with you that the gold trim and brown seat are hideous. But orange is not ugly!
All true huffy, but IMO Orange has no place on a B Series tractor.....:D

quote:
Originally posted by MDB
quote:
Originally posted by toomanytractors
Yup......:D
This one came off the "junk pile" Parts from no less than 8 tractors, 1 school bus, 1 6 wheel ATV, 1 car, and 1 porch swing. :O:O

Mike, I've always known you to have quite possibly the most beautiful B's around. I can honestly say that right now, that opinion has changed eeeeever so slightly ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Mike, I've always known you to have quite possibly the most beautiful B's around. I can honestly say that right now, that opinion has changed eeeeever so slightly ;)
Give me a month or so, give or take a few days and that B-10 with shine like a new penny.....:DdOd

[img]/club2/attach/RayS/DSCF1322.jpg[/img]
Here is one I through together when I was modifying Honda GX 620 to fit.

Levi...I actually like that 'after' picture! Kinda neat. Ray...Don't tell me that's how the 'Honda' in your garage began it's life? I musta missed the build thread on that one dOd