Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Trencher Restoration, Finished 7/11/2012

MDB

Delivered a pickup load of parts to the sandblaster today.

Then came home and installed a new coil, rebuilt the carb. and test ran the engine. The engine is running in this picture creating the blur...

Then took it back apart for paint.

It is nice to finally start painting.:D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MDB

• Talntedmrgreen

• GLPointon

• Mack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awsome machine & looks like fun Mike... I'm amaized how much work these attachments can squeeze from a 10hp (or even a 16hp) engine. Do you know what the total weight of the Trencher attachment is? Looks HEAVY

quote:
Originally posted by GLPointon
Awsome machine & looks like fun Mike... I'm amaized how much work these attachments can squeeze from a 10hp (or even a 16hp) engine. Do you know what the total weight of the Trencher attachment is? Looks HEAVY
Not sure on the weight but there was over 100 lbs of weight on the front of the tractor to hold it down when I bought it and it still seemed light on the front....:D

quote:
Do you know what the total weight of the Trencher attachment is? Looks HEAVY
The shipping weight shown in the price list above is 375 lbs. Add 7 1/2 gallons of hydraulic oil and your a little over 400 pounds.

Dream project you got going Mike. Hope you use it and not just for show when your all done.

And the pickup load come back home blasted clean and ready to paint.

Engine is painted and ready for final assembly.

Rearend ready to go.

Valve body and other small parts painted and ready.

Much more to come......:D

It's going to looks SOOOOO much better, going back to the original color scheme. And that is nothing against Simplicity (or Allis) orange... This is too precious a piece of metal not to respect it as it once was...

Like Ur "wind Chime":), I think we have all had a "clothesline" at times! Cheers, Wayne

Here are a few more pics from Saturday,

Glazing compound and quick dry primer....

More small parts on the paint rack.

That rest of the fleet covered up except for the JD Green trail mower, it could use some overspray......666sm06:D

And finally a little bit of yellow starting to appear....dOd Much more to come.

Here are some more pics. from today progress.

Hydraulic pump, motors and lift cylinder.

New hoses tied to the old ones and labeled to make reassembly easier....

I was able to save the original Serial number tag.

More finished parts.

Frame and rearend ready to go.:D Still much more to come....:D

Wow she is shaping up nice. Did you have any major wear issues, cracked frames? or do you need to beef up the side plates near the BGB? Just curious...keep up the most excellent work. jh

You're moving right along! ^ It makes ME feel good that YOU are making such great progress on a project....wanna come wrap up one for me? ;)

Looking good Mike dOd Can't wait to see it done!! Its got me itchin' to start my next one. I need to find somebody nearby that does sandblasting...Its soooo much less wear on the arms and back XX(

quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
Wow she is shaping up nice. Did you have any major wear issues, cracked frames? or do you need to beef up the side plates near the BGB? Just curious...keep up the most excellent work. jh
The main frame was cracked where it was welded to the back plate.

So this is what I did to beef it up.

Got it back on 4 wheels today.:D

A few more pictures from yesterday.

Made some good progress last evening. need to get all of the yellow parts out of the way so I can paint white parts....:D

Mike, I feel better already! Seeing all that yellow, the way it's supposed to be, gives a (strange) guy like me a soothing feeling. :Q

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Mike, I feel better already! Seeing all that yellow, the way it's supposed to be, gives a (strange) guy like me a soothing feeling. :Q
I know what you mean Josh, It is really is a lot easier to look at than when it was all Orange....:Y666:D Here are a few more from today.

A slight break from original.....:D

Ready for the dash, still need to paint it though...

Here are a few pics from today.

Went about as far on the tractor till I get the dash painted

Here it is, came out pretty good too.

Rear wheels done.:D

Guide head lights.

Hydraulic tank for the trencher painted and ready. Still much more to come.....

I like the look Greg. PS bought a spot blaster from Harbor Freight (less than $60). Tandem hooked my (7 gallon) portable tank to my C-H 125PSI 10 Gallon for increased air flow. Still have to try it out (got a Landlord frame waiting), Started on breaking down the seat deck yesterday. I'll have to do some hammering on that one. That's another gr8 "target" for the blaster.}:) Cheers, Wayne