Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I ha e been looking

osenga

I have searched for the answer found alot of stuff but still not to sure. I have a complete b12 rearend from bgb back. So what I am wondering can i use this on a B212 and use the side plates from the b212 bolt onto the B12 rearend and have just the 3 gears and loose the variable drive. To save a bunch of headaches since they usually don't work right. Thanks for any input you guys have

I don`t see why not. You would need a longer belt. Probably 8" total since the plates are 4" longer. Probably the gear shifter as well. The rest should be the same.

you can easily change the variable to a straight 3-speed. Just need to change the drive pulley, remove all the vari-drive stuff and replace the driven pulley. You will need to change the belt tightener pulley also. You may be able to use the pulleys from the B12. I recommend a 4.5" driven pulley and a 7" driven or maybe an 8" driven if you use a rototiller.