Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

917/7117 48" deck belt ?

TyeeII

I have a 7117 that I recently found a 48" deck for. I need to get the right belt and using the the #s under the hood, I have not found anyplace locally that is able to cross reference these #s. Any chance that someone has a NAPA # for that belt ? Where is a good source for belts ? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Mike

You will pay more for a Simplicity belt, but they last alot longer than aftermarket. I bought my Prestige new in the spring of 2001 and it still has the original belt with over 500 hours on it. Do you need the belt that is on the deck itself or the one from pTO to center arbor? I also use kevlar belts from TSC, Rural King and parts distributor that I dea with and they last about 2 - 4 years on the decks. If you can supply the part number your looking for I can get you the length from my belt and blade reference manual.

The Simplicity belts are totally sick. :D (meaning good) My Pacer WalkBehind mower spit out three NAPA belts in a few weeks. I finally bought the Simp belt, for about 40 bucks - that was 5 years ago. There's one on my tractor that might be original, it's half destroyed and still works. My 48" deck belts are both Simp. came with used deck. age unknown. no problems. I do know they sat outside for 2 years, and the deck has the rust on top to prove it. Want zero problems? Buy the Simp belt, and forget about it. sm03

Thanks for all of the info. The 917 says the PTO belt for the Allis is # 2087732 and the 7117 says the PTO belt is 108508 ? Do these sound right ? I would be interested in buying the Simplicity belt or the Kevlar you have referred to. Again, Thanks for the help. Mike

The Allis number and Simplicity number you reference are correct. Both part numbers now update to Simplicity part #1713515, a 78.1" belt.

Just bought a OE Belt this morning, Simplicity part #1713515 for $32.00 out the door at a semi-local Simplicity dealer.