Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

phillobbezoo

help my 4040 sprung a leak

phillobbezoo
well i just got my 4040 with the kohler all restored and home. After using it for about a hour when i parked it i noticed tranny fluid on the concrete, i was very disgrunteled i have spent all winter bringing this thing back to life and making it like new again. So any way my question is is this difficult to fix, the oil is coming out of the axel tube that goes to the drop housing, i was looking at the parts manual and the only thing i see as far as a seal is a o ring in the brakes? Is that the only thing along the lines of a seal thats supose to keep the oil spots off my concrete? or keep the tranny fluid out the brakes, i got a feeling the guys that have done this before will know what im talking about and any help or input would be appretiated thanks again Phil

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

1. davidmoll
      davidmoll
      (61 years old)
    2. Mikethemasher
      Mikethemasher
      (50 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 1 reply
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts