Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
IronPony

GREAT DEAL

IronPony
Here is a hot link to a great deal if you think you are close enough to the Minneapolis area to make a deal. It is item #59 on this page. http://www.auctionmasters.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?amasters7/category/LAWN-AND-GARDEN Sorry, I have let my membership laps so I can't help much more. You can call me if you have questions. I think this auction ends June 5th. 218-732-9711 or email at howlanddm@yahoo.com

BLT
Could be first generation power steering. I think the ram is under running board. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCzEN8cvH4rE3CN_5kbp796Dq

PhanDad
It is the first type of power steering; if you look close at the drag link, it has the vertical "hump" near the left front tire. Toward the end of the video, the driver demonstrates the power steering capability. It is a good deal for the current bid of $850. I'm surprised at the next required incremental bid of $940, about a 10% increase. Is this typical for this type of auction?

I've contacted several people selling Simplicity tractors with tillers about just buying the tiller, but they are never interested. The one being auctioned would be a lot better deal at the same money (or even higher) than the one near St. Cloud. Thanks, however, for pointing that one out.

jmhusby
I am still not clear on the "early" power steering. The cylinder for the power steering is mostly under the running board but you can see it. When did they start putting power on the Sovereigns? Thanks.