Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

GREAT DEAL

IronPony

Here is a hot link to a great deal if you think you are close enough to the Minneapolis area to make a deal. It is item #59 on this page. http://www.auctionmasters.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?amasters7/category/LAWN-AND-GARDEN Sorry, I have let my membership laps so I can't help much more. You can call me if you have questions. I think this auction ends June 5th. 218-732-9711 or email at howlanddm@yahoo.com

I didn't think the 17 hp had oil filters? Couldn't see the power steering cylinder either. Am I missing something?

Could be first generation power steering. I think the ram is under running board. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCzEN8cvH4rE3CN_5kbp796Dq

It is the first type of power steering; if you look close at the drag link, it has the vertical "hump" near the left front tire. Toward the end of the video, the driver demonstrates the power steering capability. It is a good deal for the current bid of $850. I'm surprised at the next required incremental bid of $940, about a 10% increase. Is this typical for this type of auction?

Well, I hope nobody else wants it too bad. I bid on it as I need the tiller and could also use the PS. Then I would resell the tractor, mower, and blower.

If you are looking for a tiller thaere is a Sovereign on CL in St Cloud but it has the Triad so I didn't go look at it. Looks to be in good shape.

I've contacted several people selling Simplicity tractors with tillers about just buying the tiller, but they are never interested. The one being auctioned would be a lot better deal at the same money (or even higher) than the one near St. Cloud. Thanks, however, for pointing that one out.

I live near Park Rapids and have a Homelite tiller that I would make a good deal on if you are interested. Also have Homelite snow blower. You can email me at howlanddm@yahoo.com

I am still not clear on the "early" power steering. The cylinder for the power steering is mostly under the running board but you can see it. When did they start putting power on the Sovereigns? Thanks.