Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bowhunt4life

**it Hits The Fan

bowhunt4life
My wife has a pair of horses and they conveniently leave piles of manure all around their pasture. So each spring and fall I borrow my neighbors Oliver and I fill up my Series 47 John Deere ground driven manure spreader and spread the leftovers. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/55chevy/spreader.jpg[/IMG] Well this weekend I stumbled on a great deal on a smaller FIMCO ground driven manure spreader. Had to drive 2.5 hours to get it but well worth it. Hooked it up to the beater Craftsman and it flung all that brown gold all over. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/55chevy/fimco.jpg[/IMG] Now I can spread weekly and not have to worry about a huge pile all summer and fall. Wouldn't want to try this little guy in the winter though.

RickS
Chris, What are you going to do with not one but two ground driven manure spreaders? I mean I can understand the need for several Simplicity tractors, but two manure spreaders? I just don't get it. Looks good, I need to get one of those; but my horses like to spread the manure all around the pasture. Rick........

perry
quote:
Originally posted by RickS
Chris, What are you going to do with not one but two ground driven manure spreaders? I mean I can understand the need for several Simplicity tractors, but two manure spreaders? I just don't get it. Rick........
the other spreader is his neighbors he borrowed.

huffy
quote:
Originally posted by perry
quote:
Chris, What are you going to do with not one but two ground driven manure spreaders? I mean I can understand the need for several Simplicity tractors, but two manure spreaders? I just don't get it. Rick........
I thought he said the JD spreader was his, but that he borrowed the neighbor's Oliver to pull it.

RickS
quote:
Originally posted by huffy
quote:
Originally posted by perry
quote:
I thought he said the JD spreader was his, but that he borrowed the neighbor's Oliver to pull it.
That was the way I read it. Chris (Bowhut4life) owns the Series 47 John Deere manure spreader. Maybe Chris will jump back on and fess up. Rick........

bowhunt4life
Yeah I own the JD spreader and the FIMCO. I borrow my neighbors Oliver to pull the JD. Now I can pull the FIMCO with the Big Ten. I had a Allis WD-45 years ago maybe that was the tractor that planted the simplicity/allis seed. I have the JD spreader for sale now. I'm gonna go and see the Amish as they may be interested. Thanks, Chris

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• rokon2813
    • dynodave
    • Ronald Hribar
  • Today's Birthdays

1. davidmoll
      davidmoll
      (61 years old)
    2. Mikethemasher
      Mikethemasher
      (50 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 1 reply
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts