Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rcwannab

Simplicity 7116H - deck lift cable diagram

rcwannab
Newbie to the club. My girl friend is renting a rural home which has an 7116H with 48" mower deck that is in need of some TLC. I am looking for a diagram or photo of how the mower deck is supposed to be attached to the lift cable. Any assistance or direction would be very much appreciated.

rich_kildow
I can try and get a photo up later (I have the same one) but the cable comes off the long, single arm on the rock shaft, over the pulley that is right above that point, and down to the flange just right of middle on the upper surface of the mower deck.

MysTiK
from memory, there's a clevis on end of cable that's hanging down - you know that - clevis, I think it's a "clevis", has 2 holes in it. There's a corresponding metal loop on the top of the deck. You need a pin to go through clevis and loop - then a cotter pin or spring clip to hold it all together. that's it. Once that's hooked up, slightly raise deck to aid in connecting to the "ears" (they look like ears) on the rear metal extensions on the front axle - the front yokes on the deck connect to the "ears". 2 ears, 2 pins, 2 cotter pins. before all this - to get the deck under the traxtor, turn front wheels to full right, slide deck under traxtor from left side. Nice to have a concrete floor (garage) to do this. After, you need the drive belt installed. There's a tension release near left rear wheel that swings down to release belt tension on idler pulley - release tension, install belt on deck pulley, the pto pulley and idler pullet (belt makes a slight right turn towards center of mower. Idler pulley support the flat side of belt (the back) drive pulley is a vgroove like the belt is a vshape. rocket science. Goto http://www.simpletractors.com/ - goto "xRef" find any 7116 on the xref list - steal the MFR number, plug into the box on left of screen, and download free operator's manual - try page 5 of xref, any 7116 will do. USE THIS = MFR=1690475 = 7116 B&S 1979 = FROM THIS LINK: http://www.simpletractors.com/X-reference/s_ac_pg5.htm TYPE OR PASTE MFR, AT THIS LINK http://www.simpletractors.com/ I think I got this right - manual has pix of all this as well. Belt will install with a right angle twist due to horizontal vs vertical pulleys. That's also why one of the pulleys looks like it's bent inward. Don't forget to raise the tension release bar at rear wheel area. There's also instrux for deck levelling. :D Read the manual - it's safer for you and the traxtor.:D ANY PROBLEMS - COME BACK HERE, LET US KNOW. GOOD LUCK WELCOME to the best support site in the universe for Simplicity/AC. WARNING - you will want your own tractor after this.sm01 EDIT = oops, I corrected this, had a 7016 manual first time - should work ok now.