Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
brockway

Starter push button

GWGAllisfan
Tractor supply has one that will fit. You might have to file the hole in the dash a little larger to get the button in, but the bolt holes line up.

rokon2813
If you have one that just doesn't work anymore, you can take them apart and clean them. i've done 2 recently that work fine now. They are just a large set of copper contacts, they get corroded and don't make connection. On the back there are 2 metal tabs on each end, just open the tabs with a screwdriver on one end, and loosen the other and it will open right up. Nothing to fall out and lose. Clean up the contacts and squeeze the tabs closed with a pair of pliers of a bench vise. ;)

huffy
According to the manual for the Landlords (B10 should be the same), the push button starter part # is 122048. A search on Jack's said it's been superceded by part # 1686702, which is available for $30.75. Here you go: http://www.jackssmallengines.com/Parts-Lookup/1686702/2259495/pd

BLT
Here is an alternative. http://www.ebay.com/itm/push-button-starter-switch-off-a-12-volt-system-may-fit-other-applications-/261032681521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc6c2a031

MrSteele
I recently bought one for around $25 from a local REAL parts store. I consider Autozone, Advance, O'Reilly, and the like, including Pep boys and other chains as simply stores. A good mom and pop local auto parts store has a lot of most everything we need for the old tractors, and are willing to look up what they don't have...

MittenB10
quote:
Originally posted by MrSteele
I recently bought one for around $25 from a local REAL parts store. I consider Autozone, Advance, O'Reilly, and the like, including Pep boys and other chains as simply stores. A good mom and pop local auto parts store has a lot of most everything we need for the old tractors, and are willing to look up what they don't have...
Would you happen to have a picture of the one you purchased and perhaps a p/n to share?