Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

? on AC 620 Tires and Rims. (Tractor Pics)

jsarro

This is the tractor I am buying?

These are the tires and rims I want.

These specs are off of the original brochures. Rear Turf 20x8-10 (optional) Agricultural 8x16 (Standard) Turf 29x12.50-15 (optional) High Flotation 31x15.50-15 (optional) Front Agricultural 4.00 x 12 (Standard) So which tires are on the tractor I'm buying, and which tires on the brochure picture? Are the rear tires the same? The front tires definitely seem different? Thank you for your help!:D

the rears are the same, 29 12.50 15 turfs. the fronts on the brochure appear listed wrong. they would be the 20 x 8 x 10 turfs On the front of the one you are buying appear to be 20 x 8 x 10 Trailer tires. In the last pic, the tractor in the background looks like it might have the high flotation tires on the rear

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
the rears are the same, 29 12.50 15 turfs. the fronts on the brochure appear listed wrong. they would be the 20 x 8 x 10 turfs On the front of the one you are buying appear to be 20 x 8 x 10 Trailer tires. In the last pic, the tractor in the background looks like it might have the high flotation tires on the rear
Awesome, thank you, so I could just replace the front tires, no need to change the rims.

Jack, Here you go. Rears [url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURF-TIRE-29-12-50-15-6-PLY-BLEMISHED-/130705720549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6eab04e5#ht_500wt_1284[/url] Fronts [url]http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=44786360.135.12800&typ=D-108727&ranzahl=4&Breite=20x8.00&Felge=10&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=135[/url] These will give you matching tread patterns front and rear. The rears are Blems with the Titan name buffed off. The buffed areas are hardly noticable, about 1/3 the price of firsts. I have bought both of these tires, excellent prices and quick shipments. BTW nice tractor you are buying. John U

Thank You John, So does it look like I should replace both front and rear from pics? My rims will work fine?

by the looks of it, the tires in your pictures are 'loader' tires. You WILL want to keep those for when u use the loader (I'm guessing ur getting it as well?). If you're not, ask for the turf tires. If you use the turf tires & loader (especially on 620) you will put a LOT of 'stress' on your steering components. (IMHO)

JP, How do you define loader tires? I have 20x8.5-10 LRE trailer tires on the front of my loader tractor. I can run more air pressure in them than the turf tires. The high floation tires are 6x9's are they better with the loader? The manual that came with my ARK 600 was for the version sold under the Allis Chalmers name. The pictures in the manual show the AG tire setup with 4.00-12's on the front. John U

NICE! I have always wanted one. I just found a steal of a deal in my area but the wife won't let me take a loan against my 401k.

quote:
Originally posted by deezay
NICE! I have always wanted one. I just found a steal of a deal in my area but the wife won't let me take a loan against my 401k.
Thank you Tell her about all the landscaping you will do with it to beautify your property. Say, "Honey what would you like done around here, retirement is a long ways off!":) or you could say "With that new machine, I will be able to get all our work done so much quicker, and I will have much more time to spend with you and the kids."sm01

I know! I found a 620 with a snowthrower, loader, tiller, snowcab, rear grader blade and mower deck for 3200$. It doesn't have the original motor though, but it looked nice! I should try again, but at this point it is in vain. I've got knee surgery coming up on the 18th of this month, and she is stressing about doctor bills. I tried telling her, I'm only 27.. there's plenty of time to pay it off. She wasn't buying it though!

quote:
I know! I found a 620 with a snowthrower, loader, tiller, snowcab, rear grader blade and mower deck for 3200$. It doesn't have the original motor though, but it looked nice!
That is a real nice deal, hard to walk away from that. You can't touch that price. The implements alone are worth close to $3200. I understand, but it may haunt you. I almost did not buy this tractor, and it was starting to haunt me. Good Luck with everything!

quote:
I know! I found a 620 with a snowthrower, loader, tiller, snowcab, rear grader blade and mower deck for 3200$. It doesn't have the original motor though, but it looked nice!
Andrew, Could you post the link to that add, that sounds incredible.

Is it the big 620 or the little 620?? yes, there were 2 620's, very different. one I believe was an LT, not sure. one was a PM. OTOH I have seen PM's for 500. w nothing but problems. and no frills. also saw one with a tree growing out of it. 8) there was more tree than tractor - i.d. was inconclusive.