Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bnolte

Tractor Show in Harney MD

bnolte
quote:
Originally posted by bnolte Here is a copy of the original post with a few more pictures added.
This morning I checked out a small, but nice little tractor show in Harney, MD, kinda in between Littlestown PA and Taneytown MD. I didn't see any Simplicities, but I did see plenty of Allis-Chalmer iron. Here are some pictures I took.

The Allis guys were out in force, but nobody was minding the club table.

A nice Allis Chalmers 616

Saw lots of Allis Chalmers Orange, including several G type Allis tractors, with the engine in the back.

More Allises on the right side of the midway.

A half size replica that John Deere built of a Model B, pretty much a toy according to the owner.

A Bolens with a front sickle mower.

A Cub Cadet 104 with a rare right angle PTO

Finally, a nice AC B112. There were a couple of other things I wish I had taken pics of, including a very nicely done homebuilt half or 2/3 scale replica of a Allis G series tractor, which used a Gravely transmission and a Briggs engine.

mowinman2
Looks like a nice show and some really good looking tractors. Ive noticed those "G" Allis Chalmers are getting more and more popular to haul to a show. Cant blame them with the reduced weight and hight gas prices. I went to Gathering of the Orange in Arden NC a few years ago, and counted 26 G's there. Thanks for the pics!

Sign in to follow this