Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower roller

jlasater

Ed, Before you make any changes to your deck, I'd check out why it was designed the way it was... Here's a link that best describes how a Simplicity deck works... IMO, I'd try to figure out what's changed so that it is now literally tripping over itself... and try to fix that problem. Kent [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/deutz/mowing_system.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/deutz/mowing_system.htm[/a]

Hey there, I can't help with the attachments but from what I remember about the Ultima series, I do not think they came with a one piece roller setup. The rollers should be made up of several rollers and the size sounds a little on the large for the diameter (if you meant 3 1/2" for the diameter). You might want to check the size of the rear tires also. The stock tires according to the brochures on this site are 23x10.50x12. Even the Ag tires are that same size. If the first number on the tires is larger, that could be why they are hitting the mower deck. The tires on a stock Ultima look kind of lost under the fenders. Good luck! Clayton

the tire size is correct and yes it is 3 and one 1/2 inches in diameter i guess i can remove the roller and keep the outside rollers on. Do i have to have a roller? other than the ones on the outside of the deck? Thanks Ed

Thanks Kent I was working on your suggestion the minute you posted but i'm not that smart. i went to the link and studied it everything seems to be where they are. What is the average clearance from roller to rear wheels? Anyone Nubian

Hi everyone need some help here. just purchased a Deutz-Allis 1920 Ultima (Simplicity Sunstar)and i'm having a problem with the mower deck it was welded to a fixed height by the previous owner so i unwelded it haha. the problem is that when i set the mowing height to low it wedges in to my rear tires when i raise the deck, to avoid this each time i must first set the deck to it's highest level and then raise it. Even so the roller is uncomfortably close to the rear tire when i mow at times if the ground is not level the tire spins on the roller.the roller itself is 3 1/2" wide one continuos piece across the the rear of my 60" deck is this roller OEM or after market because i don't see too many one piece rollers on Sims.also looking for a 2 stage blower and a cat 0 3 point hitch and a front toader (not a jimmy bucket) can anyone help thanks

I would investigate the reason the previous owner welded the deck to a fixed height. That's sounds odd to me. Are you sure the deck is the proper one for the Ultima..?

Did he also modify the front attaching arms while he was welding? Something isn't original stock or it wouldn't make contact... http://www.simpletractors.com/images/deutz/ultima_cutaway_small.jpg

Mowing height is adjusted by the position of the rollers. The roller adjustment can be disabled without welding anything. Even with the roller adjustment disabled, the deck can still be raised and lowered for transport. Exactly what did the previous owner weld..? Diameter of Sovereign rollers is 2.5" The single 3.5" diameter roller on your deck sounds like it may not be original. Are you sure you have an Ultima deck..? Or did the previous owner make other modifications besides welding..?

Just checked the rollers on my Sunstar, they measure about 2 5/8 but are worn a little, probably 2 3/4 new. The deck has 7 rollers (Simp.# 1678043) on back and 4 (Simp.#1668513) under the deck. I have the optional 26x12x12 ag tires on mine and it has 2-3 inches of clearance with deck on the ground and the lever set in the second from the highest position. If I raise the deck as high as it will lift, it will bounce the rollers off the tires as I'm moving. If you need any pics please email me and I can send you some. Hope I've helped. PeppyDan