Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

42" deck rebuild

maxwood

Hello, Last week I finished rebuilding a 42"deck for my sovereign new belt blades and paint & allot of body work Thank's to Talntedmrgreen who brought this back from Wilm for me.

I still need to install belt pulley covers Thank's Ken in Mi

Very nice. Any more info? What did you do on the rollers? That looks all new and a little different also. Looks like spacers between rollers pieces? Are they Simp rollers or other? Very interested. I'm sure others are too. sm01

Did you use a new Simplicity/OEM belt or at least a Kevlar corded agricultural equipment grade one I hope? Tom(PK)

Hello,On the rollers I replaced the 5\8ths shaft I only had 6 rollers and 9 are needed I used 2 rollers under the deck and put 1\2in plastic spacers and had some 2 3\8 dia x 1 1\2 wide rollers to finish it off. I used the true blue belts I have had good luck with them. The idler spring took a long time to arrive! Thank's Ken in MI

Hello, I have a Question, on this 42" deck there are NO grease fittings but on my 48" deck it has grease fittings.When did they change being able to grease the mower deck. Thank's Ken in Mi