Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Noly

key for Homelite T16

PeppyDan
Yes it should use the generic key unless some previous owner changed the switch with some other type and then you should be able to easily see that the switch is not a factory type. Dan

MysTiK
I have never mentioned this, and I am deeply ashamed to admit, that the key that starts my rig every time, is definitely not the original. The key itself, I don't know about the ignition itself - but the key says 'crapsman' on it. Please don't shoot me. :O The tractor doesn't seem to mind. In fact, recently the tractor was being trailered, and I forgot to put the key in my pocket where it's safe. The key tends to fall out easily, altho it never has while running. Anyway, when I got home I couldn't find the key; but eventually I did. It had blown out of the ignition and the tractor caught it, and stashed it SECURELY in the holes in the runner boards - it was actually JAMMED in there. I was amazed. So I patted my boy tractor, and told him he was a good boy, and thanked him. :D I love my tractor. sm01sm01sm01sm01