Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Free is Good ????

MPH
About 2 weeks ago I tilled for a couple hours for a young couple, the 725 made 100 bucks, and after I loaded up we were talking a bit and I pointed to a small track rig and comment that would make a good bee hauler. Dropped off a pint of honey Friday to the receptionest at fish and game where the guy works and he asked me if I was interested in that track machine. How much??? he said come haul it away. So I'm now the owner of a non running Cushman Tracster. Any experts on what I hauled home?

The 2 cyl 2 cycle engine tures over with the starer rope, has good compression, hooked a battery up and all I got was a rapid clicking. Tried jumping the selinoid and got no action. May be another "winter project as these guys

seem to be getting most of my time. Salmon dip netting coming up soon too.

Dark
[url]http://www.cushmantrackster.com/home.html[/url] [url]http://www.cushmantrackster.com/pay-pdfs/stan-part-man.pdf[/url] [url]http://www.cushmantrackster.com/pay-pdfs/service-man.pdf[/url]
quote:
Article from the June 1970 Cushman Dealer newsletter: First Trackster Off the Assembly Line On February 13, 1970, J.W. Creighton, factory manager at Cushman, proudly drove the first Trackster off the production line. Mr. Creighton finds the Trackster, "A most amazing vehicle, good for utility and pleasure use." Mr. Creighton used a Trackster on a hunting expedition a short time ago and found it especially enjoyable. Vaughn E. Border, Director of Marketing, also praised the Trackster's progress, "We started out thinking that we had a very unique vehicle for a variety of uses, and now it appears even more so! We have to continue contacting people with problems negotiating rugged terrain in distant areas of the country--while the contact work is difficult, once we establish our vehicles capabilities and distribution, we should enjoy valuable insulation against overnight competition."

SmilinSam
Kinda neat machine Marty. As to whether free s a good thing ... That depends on how many hours of a psychiatrists services you need after working on it... :D

PGL
I hope the tracks, bogies and transmission all work well. It would be great for the different terrain and weather conditions if you can get and keep it running as well as your tractors.

huffy
If that thing floats it'd be kind of nice for ice fishing. If you're intending to fix it up my assumption is that your primary concern is the shape of the tracks. I bet they'd be tough/expensive to replace. But if they're in good shape, the rest of it doesn't look like it'd be too hard to fix up.

MPH
Not sure what I'll do with it, maybe haul bees out to [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored1.gif[/img] willow. 800 lbs cargo can't haul out a moose. Fun to expore the woods with now that I have time in the summer months. Guess they were real popular up here before everyone got into the ATV scene. Saw a couple for sale down by Anchorage for 2500 bucks. I'll be a winter project I'm sure, heard from a guy today after I plowed his garden the engines were prone to failing. Thanks for the links Mark.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Today's Birthdays

1. davidmoll
      davidmoll
      (61 years old)
    2. Mikethemasher
      Mikethemasher
      (50 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• SonOfCreepfeed

SonOfCreepfeed

Thinkin' about this old girl.

· 1 reply
    • Dean McFadden

Dean McFadden

Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

· 1 reply
  • Adverts