Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

posting pictures from my Cell phone

Noly

Bear with me and be gentle, not very savvy in lots of different things. How do I get the pictures I have taken with my cell phone to be posted on here? I can send my pictures to a phone number or an email address, but that is all I know. thanks

If it is a newer smart phone (Android or Iphone), you can hook a cable from the phone to the USB port on the computer. XP or Win7 should automatically recognize your phone and treat it as a removable hard drive. You may need to edit your photos to get under the 100KB limit though. Older phones like the first generation Razr, Blackberry type phones, and so on often have this feature as well. I like the way my Android phones does it, I cannot speak for Iphone though. With older phones, it depends on the phone and the carrier. With some plans, the USB feature was disabled by the carrier so you would have to send the photos as an email or picture message for which they charged you, or forced a data plan on you. Verizon tended to be the most greedy in that respect, I changed over to Sprint and haven't looked back.

I generally e-mail the pics from my phone, then post them from my computer. One reason is that when I e-mail them from the phone, the phone will allow me to resize them before sending.

Greedy? Cell phone companies? Really? Are you sure? Basic elementary internet functions? Old tek? Soon to be out of date - planned obsolescence? you gotta be kidding.... :D :D :D :D Now they are forcing me into the same RACKKET. o really? o yeh. sm00 Call tek support - waste some of their time. You might get a language lesson at the same time. No extra charge? not sure. read the conditions. It might take you an hour for a simple question. And while you are there, you can get sold some upsell wonder thing. {} Greedy? huh? No way. Market domination? really? B) It's worse in Canada - we pay more than anybody in the world. But a zillion people couldn't be wrong. Right? B) end of rant. sm01

I can upload photos directly from my Android based smart phone using "Image Shrink Lite". It is a free app in Google Play. It's a pain in the keester, but it can be done. The hardest part is navigating through the site because the icons needed to tap on are really small on the screen.