Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

20x10-10 lug/Ag tires

tripleguy

I'm considering some ag or lug tires for my 5216H - the wheels slip a lot on turns where there is even a slight incline while I'm dragging a 48" deck around (at least the hydro is strong!). Anyone know of a source for something about that size? Carlisle only makes an 18.5" and then they jump up to 23" tall. I wouldn't mind an inch or 2 taller but I don't want something real high. I think the rims are 7" wide. Any suggestions for better grip that don't include chains? Thanks in advance!

Here's one in a 20x10x10 [url]http://www.millertire.com/categories/lawn-garden-tires/20x10-00-10/[/url] and some in 20x8x10 [url]http://www.millertire.com/categories/lawn-garden-tires/20x-8-00-10/[/url] They've got a bunch of other options too, not alot going on for a 10" tire though. They also have ag tires, but they are for 8" and 12" wheels. **edit** found these, atv tires, but theye are 22x8x10 [url]http://www.millertire.com/products/atv-tires/22x-8-10/22x8-10-tp-mud-lite-at-1-pair-2-tires/[/url]

Hi, I picked up a pair of 20 X10-8 ag tires with rims off of a sears tractor a while back. I cut out the center hubs on the rims and welded in new ones that I made to fit my axle shafts, which I believe are the same as yours. Got the tires and rims for $50, couldn't go wrong. You might want to do the same. Those 10 inch rims are getting harder to find tires for.

Steve

They work great on grass or in dirt or gravel, not much good on hard snow or ice. Chains are definately needed for snowblower duty. I tried without the chains last winter and when I raises the blower I couldn't back up my already blown out driveway. Have to admit, I really like the look of them tho! Steve