Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
AC_B-1Novice

Are these large frame tractors? Pics

AC_B-1Novice
I have two 990314 Simplicity tractors, one with the lift hitch and one without. I also have a 990694 tiller and wondered if it will work on this tractor. I can't seem to push the tractor backwards even though it is out of gear, what is causing that? larry

The last two pictures are of the second tractor.

DaveTenney
I have a tractor just like that for running a tiller...Well, it's a might bit uglier than yours but still the same mechanically. One thing you'll want to look into for tilling is a 10" rear pulley to slow the tractor down. 1st gear is too fast with the standard 6" pulley. You can get pulleys with weld on hubs at Rural King and TSC. You'll need a 49" belt to go with it. The other option is to find a Hi-Lo for your machine... Dave

huffy
quote:
I can't seem to push the tractor backwards even though it is out of gear, what is causing that?
Larry: looking at your 5th pic down from the top it looks like your parking brake might be set.

AC_B-1Novice
Dave, thanks for the heads up on that. That is the one I am going to do a partial restore on. the other one is my parts tractor. Huffy, That one moved ok, the other one wouldn't and I found out why. The right rear tire was nearly flat and the front one was flat. Almost pushed my legs to a frazzel before I realized it. sm02