Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Clutch Adjustment-Wheelie Bar Needed

bowhunt4life

I need some help adjusting my clutch on my B-10. I release the clutch pedal and the B-10 bits and does a small wheelie about 80% of the time. I am wondering what I need to do to dump the wheelie's and just have a smooth transition from stop to moving? I know there are two bolts at the end of the rod that connects to the break band. Not sure if those are part of the solution. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks, Chris

In the drive pulley on the gear box on that style tractor, there are 2 pieces of plastic or nylon. One is a flat piece, goes behind the loose portion of the pulley, and the other is a thin strip that wraps around. Sounds like they may be gone or very dirty. I would take the pulley apart, and see if they are there, and if they are, clean and VERY VERY lightly lubricate

Check the condition of the plastic spacers that are supposed to be in the multi part pulley on the BGB. There should be a flat one between the center section and the outside taper v portion. Also a piece on the diameter as well. AZ and AY on the pic below. They let the outer portion slip a little bit, a slip clutch.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/bgb.jpg[/img]

Make sure part AK a belt Gard is set very close to the pulley on the BGB output. Or maybe this Gard is missing, very common issue. One would not think this Gard will help with the clutch operation but is is needed and adjusted properly.