Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New member with a 700.

mbinwi

Hi everyone, I have been hanging out here for the last couple of months, so I decided to pay up, and jump in. What prompted the interest in this site began on the day my son backed into his driveway, and came over and asked if I could help him unload his latest "find", a Simplicity 700 with a snow blower, roto-tiller and front mounted push/dozer blade. I have plenty of pictures in the "as is" condition, which I'll post, as soon as I do the resizing thing. The motor is the Briggs 7 hp. model 19, and according to the reference/type/serial number, it was built in March of 1961. I assume the tractor was built around the same time, it does not have the Wonderboy on the name plate, just Simplicity 700, so I'm thinking it was made just after they took the Wonderboy thing off the plate. Motor runs good, after a carb kit, and misc clean-up, etc, and the rest of it is now in pieces, going through clean-up/fix-up/paint-up operations. I'd like to find a mower deck. The original pamphlet of attachments shows the 42" (990190) and the 32" (990207). The required power take-off is already on the tractor. The pulley(s) are "vertical", and I see the mower deck pulley is "horizontal", so does the belt make a 1/4 turn "twist" ? or am I missing something? I think I'll go back down to the garage now. Just wanted to chime in and say hello!

Hi Michael, Welcome to the club. This is a great place to hang out. The wealth of knowledge here is unbelievable. Let see some pics of the 700! -Mike

Welcome Mike from East Troy. I'm a few miles up the road in Mukwonago. There is a large concentration of members in SE Wi. Us "local" members enjoy eating pizza in February, homemade ice cream in July, showing our machines in Sussex at the end of August, and even wading in a river in the beginning of October. (Hi Bob!!):D:D You came to the right place for lots of good information, and a little Tom Foolerysm00sm00 as well.

Welcome, glad you came through the door. Always nice to have a new member and see what they are doing. larry

Mike, Your son did good. I may know of a bolt together deck that is available in my neck of the woods in central WI. I'll let you know. Chris

Thanks Chris, About every other week end or so, we go up to our land on the Pike Lake Chain, in Price County. Maybe this could work out.