Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydro Lift value

simple-kid

I have finally found a hydro lift for a FDT. What is it worth? The guy tells me it needs to be cleaned up. He took it out of a tractor that someone was going to use as a pulling tractor. :(!They would have scraped the lift if he didn't take it. He said it has all the brackets and every thing to bolt to the tractor. Could someone help on the value of a hydro lift?

If it really is complete with cylinder, hoses and brackets, $200 on a bad day, to $400 on a good day.;)

Make sure it has BOTH needed brackets: 1. The cast-iron bracket for the BGB that holds the rear end of the lift cylinder. 2. The steel bracket for the PTO engagement lever... Both are VERY hard to find as single items...

It depends. I routinely see them listed on eBay by Joe's Outdoor Power and other like places asking $300-$400. But I've seen nice looking units sell on eBay in the $160-$180 range. And, if you're patient you can usually just buy a tractor off of CL that's got a hydro lift on it for less than what they try to charge on eBay for the hydro lift alone. I bought the one I'm putting on my 2012 off a tractor I saw sitting at a junk yard, and only paid $40 for it. In negotiating price you should also take a good look at the hoses. If they're cracked and leaking (a lot of the ones you see listed on eBay are), it costs about $60 or so to get new ones made.

quote:
$200 on a bad day, to $400 on a good day.
Uhm . . . wouldn't it be the opposite from simple-kid's (buyer's) point of view? 8D

I was thinking of putting it on my B10 or I might put it on the landlord I'm going buy of him also.:D:D:O

quote:
Originally posted by huffy
quote:
$200 on a bad day, to $400 on a good day.
Uhm . . . wouldn't it be the opposite from simple-kid's (buyer's) point of view? 8D
LOL probably, but I sell parts. ;);)