Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2 new tractors

dead_sled

I just acquired two new to me tractors. A deutz allis 1613 and an AC 912H. I need to get some parts for them. It appears that they could use some bearings on the mower deck. Otherwise, they appear to be in pretty good shape. These are built pretty heavy duty. So far I am impressed.

Welcomesm04 We would love to see pictures, (as long as they are less than 100Kb), just hit the paperclip icon on the right and that will open a dialog box so you can upload your pictures.

Deck bearings are available after market. You can buy them on e-bay, or a local bearing supplier, or a Sim dealer. About 5-6 bux each if you are buying right. PS Welcome to the nuthatch!

I have these in a couple of decks. No issues. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RB-tech-6-EA-Z9504-RST-Lawn-Mower-Ball-Bearings-75x1-7805-Z9504B-NEW-/270860834789?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f109057e5 http://www.ebay.com/dsc/i.html?LH_TitleDesc=1&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Bearing+204RR6&_odkw=Z9504++RST&_osacat=0

Welcome to the club! It is great your starting out with two tractors! Looking forward to the photos.

Welcome! I started out with just one and now have 7 plus a walk behind single stage snow blower, plus parts! I love playing with these tractors and hope you will enjoy it as much as we all do! A word of advice,,,,pictures on this site is like red meat to a bull dog, we all love them! Good luck with your new toys. I also have bearings in a couple of my decks from the same place as Ray gets his on ebay and no problems, about the best price around too. Steve

Thanks for the warm welcome. I would like to upload some photos. I can't seem to find the paper clip. Which of the ebay links are for the 912?

Unless it has changed and if I remember correctly, only members can post pictures. There are other benefits for membership too, and many of us find the $10 per year to be worth much more. Check it out. Anyway, glad to have you and hope you enjoy your tractors.

The bearings are all the same. WELCOME; http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=77987
quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In a recent review of the club`s policy of posting pictures in the talking tractors forum, the club officers have decided unanimously that non payed members or registered users can post pictures to the talking tractors forum. They have to be linked from a host site such as Photobucket or Flickr. The display size of the pictures is to not exceed 800x600 resolution. This is limited only to the Talking Tractors Forum. The purpose of this change is it costs us nothing, and solving someone's problem instead of immediately asking them for $10 makes a much better first impression... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
The bearings are all the same. WELCOME; http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=77987
quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In a recent review of the club`s policy of posting pictures in the talking tractors forum, the club officers have decided unanimously that non payed members or registered users can post pictures to the talking tractors forum. They have to be linked from a host site such as Photobucket or Flickr. The display size of the pictures is to not exceed 800x600 resolution. This is limited only to the Talking Tractors Forum. The purpose of this change is it costs us nothing, and solving someone's problem instead of immediately asking them for $10 makes a much better first impression... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome, Amos, I have used the photobucket option. It works. Use the "IMG links" that photobucket provides. It works; but it's an extra step, and you still need to resize the pix to approx 512x384 resolution, or max about 640x480 - so they FIT ON THE PAGE. I use IrfanView for all simple grafx mods. (free download). That will work for basic pix, but there's lots more to be had from this site for full bore "club members". I'm going that route - finally. (I have been a "forum member" for a year or so). Stuff like the Tech Tips section, the Show and Tell section, voting, etc etc all available for a low annual fee, which also supports the sites basic costs of operations, etc. It's not compulsory. It is a valued and valuable option. Everyone says it's the best 10 bucks ever spent. So I am going to do it; and you can too, if you want to. I expect with 2 tractors and starting with deck repairs, you might enjoy some of the more tekky areas. It's similar for me, and I have clicked on a few links that I can't access. Beyond all this, this is the best site for owners of Simp/Allis (and related) Garden Tractors. Some of the relatives include Deutz Allis, Homelite, Agco Allis, and others that may have been retailed at Penny's or Ward's, etc. It's all good, Amos. You are in the right place. Do you need manuals for your tractors? Those are usually available for download free. What else do you need? The name of the game, if you read the Constitution, Bylaws etc. is the 'preservation and restoration of these tractors'. or like that. Whatever it takes, help is available. From first-hand experience, I can tell you the expertise is astounding. and I'm just a nooby at most of it. sm03