Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

converting parts

dav

i have a FDT. i have typed with a member who has a right hand lift for sale that comes off a RBT. can it be converted to fit an older tractor? i have never owned, or even sat on, an RBT so i dont know just how much different from FDT's they are. much as i want a rt lift, it would be a crime to cut and weld something that is original and irreplaceable into something might not work as i want.

The quadrant is very different. I suppose it could be modified, but it's pretty sought after part. The later kits came with both brackets - for FDT and RBT - might find one laying around. Look up 1690500 I believe for the later RH lift lever kit showing both quadrants. Tim

Here is the parts list. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=jgEBGP_euH8tG5EPa7mRgtLvBCd6

I believe that the right hand lift lever you are speaking of (for sale in the club website classified section) is for the 4000-5000-6000 series of tractors. These tractors have running boards, but are very different from the "RBT" landlords. I do not believe that the lift levers for the 4000-5000-6000 series of tractors can be made to work on a large frame FDT tractor (or even the large frame RTB for that matter)! Tom