Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

brozak

Best tread pattern?

brozak
What is the best tread pattern for a yard with some hills? I need to replace the rear tires on a Simplicity GTG14, they are 23x10.50-12. The tractor is primarily used for mowing but occasionally pulls a small garden trailer or a roller. After 22 years, it is starting to loose traction going up the small hills and the side walls are dry rotted to the point that they are leaking air through the rot cracks. Tubes would keep the air in but the tread has no bite left. All the tread patterns I am looking at are on Carlisle tires: Turf Saver, Turf Master, and Turf Trac. I know other companies have other patterns but I've narrowed my choice down to these 3. The Turf Saver pattern looks to be the most aggressive and might have the best bite for a riding mower. Any NEW tire will be better than the old ones but I'd like to know if anyone has any Good or Bad experience with any of these 3 tread patterns such as slipping on wet grass or loose gravel. M. Brozak, N.E. Ohio P.S. I'll be posting this same message on a few other forums or groups online.

HubbardRA
I prefer ATV tires with AG type tread patterns. They have great traction. Here is a picture of the Dunlop tires that I have. Also they have never done any damage to my lawn, unless it was extremely muddy and they left their imprint in the mud.

midnightpumpkin
Mark, My preference is the Turf Master. I have them on the rear of my 4040 Loader tractor and they perform well. This place has pretty good prices and fast shipping. [url]http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=6220074.135.10878&typ=D-108734&ranzahl=4&Breite=23x10.50&Felge=12&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=135[/url] Just another opinion. John U