Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got another Gold Squire! Squire 10

peterinbrooklyn

Picked this baby up by milwaukee. Thanks MEMPHIS! Im so excited! runs decent and it has a factory gold colored hydrolift. I have never seen one with that option. But it for sure came with it new. And the gold deck is in good shape...needs a belt and some bearings im sure but hey...now that I have a Squire 9 with a gold deck and a Squire 10 with gold deck and hydrolift Im all set! Can't wait to get it mowing! [IMG]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e196/tjman00/75ef7cf1.jpg[/IMG]

Shasta the difference between the 9 and 10 other then the engines? Are the mid PTO the same. I would sure like to know more on them

as far as I can see the motor is the only difference but the stripe decal on top of the hood has a red insert in between the white and black that matches the # 10 on the side...and the seat is all black on the squire 10 as my squire 9 has teh original seat and it has white sides :) and maybe they never offered the hydrolift in the squire 9?

quote:
Originally posted by osenga
Shasta the difference between the 9 and 10 other then the engines? Are the mid PTO the same. I would sure like to know more on them
NICE ! the gold hydro-lift is a + dOd the 9 has a cast center PTO and the 10 i think has a metal one ?

...and the seat color was different (9's-white, 10's-black), and the 9's had the older style transaxle without the diffy lock. Very cool OEM hydrolift! :O That would be the only one I've seen or heard of as well.

Sweet find. My girlfriends dad has a 10 that has been in his family for a long time. it has a factory gold hydro-lift on it. it is currently being restored.

I will try to get some soon. It got brought to a family member of his north of me in Sparta, WI. About 3 and a half hours. I will be heading up there with him sometime soon and I will get pictures. I was originally going to restore it for him but I am busy with another project for my Case VAO orchard tractor so he didnt want to bother me with it....:(!