Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Another tragedy involving child riders

SmilinSam
"The paramedics said there was not much left of the boy. ". The child did die. From what I understand he was ground up beyond recognition. Everyone should consider accidents like this one before they give in to a child and let them ride on power equipment at work. Not worth the risk as far as I'm concerned. I watch my neibor up the road holding her baby in one arm and running the Garden Tractor while mowing with the other all the time,..... makes me cringe.

BradW
My neighbor does it with his baby while cutting deep ditch on a tractor with no cab, a batwing mower, now that would be bad, trajedy happens too much, it seems like before all the safety things, less accidents, like 4 wheelers and 3 wheeelers and so on.-BradW

SmilinSam
Saw on the news where a grandfather(I think) was giving his 4 year old grandson a ride on the fender of the garden tractor while mowing. The boy fell off and the grandfather did not realize it till the wide self powered pull behind mower he was using too started dragging down. The paramedics said there was not much left of the boy. My God! When will people wake up and pay attention to the simple safety guidelines that prevent this in the first place. Can you imagine how that guy must feel?