Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
simplewrench

Sunrunner new to me

simplewrench
I picked up a Sunrunner and I had a question or 2. This is a 12hp with a hydro. The first question I noticed that I had to hold the hydro lever in whatever speed I wanted. It wants to return to neutral. Is that normal or do I need to fix something? Second I noticed after running for awhile it wanted to surge in reverse. Forward was fine but in reverse it surged some of the time.

bnolte
You will have to take the cover on the rear of the steering column off to access the friction nut for the hydro control. I had to do this about once a year when I mowed with it every week. No biggie.4i

simplewrench
excellent thank you guys. I may have found the issue with the surging too. the little hydro release lever was engaged but not fully depressed. I haven't had time to test it since I found that, but I hope that was all it was. I meant put a picture in here to start with so I'll add it now.

simplewrench
I think I have everything working right now. The hydro lever is adjusted, the steering cables are adjusted. I need to give her a bath and do a little welding on the deck. It had a set screw missing inthe deck lIft handle so I replaced tha. It's coming along nicely. Thanks again foryour help. Tom.