Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need value help

RT

I could use some guidance in putting a rough value on my tractor. The wife and I are separating and the tractor is going on the asset list (but I'm keeping it). Here's the 411 on it: '96 Simplicity Soverign w/18hp Kohler V-Twin, shape: good, tires: 50%, with rear lift 48" Deck 42" Front Blade 42" Snow Thrower 36" Tiller I just need a rough idea as to the value. She has been gracious enough to let me keep it (sarcasm...no, never!)and I truly don't know what it's worth. It was my Dad's so it's priceless to me. Thank you in advance to any ideas you may have.

If you're keeping it, I would say about a hundred bux or so. If she is takin' it, I think it's worth about 4-5k. I am not as much of an expert as the guys above however, and their numbers are probably more accurate, and about right.

I'd set the price in the $1250 to $1400 range. Everything together is not worth as much as if it were parted out and sold separately.

Since this is a divorce I would argue you should price them at the low end of the scale. Since if neither party wanted the tractor and attachments you would need to sell them quickly and split the funds. Whenever you need to sell things quickly one must drop the price. Yes I understand the tractor means a lot to you and you want to keep it, but if you didn't want it and your soon to be ex-wife did not want it the only option is a quick sale and split the dollars. So I would value them closer to 1,000.00 Rick.........

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to set it at $1200. She's being civil through this whole thing and I'm trying to keep it that way so my boys don't have to go through the big "D". She said she has no idea as to the value and is leaving it up to me. I don't want to give her the impression I'm ripping her off. If she doesn't like that price I'll tell her I'll sell it all and give her half. My good friend will buy it all for $50 and I'll be more than happy to give her $25!