Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loader plans

bryan32

If any of you want to build your own loader or back hoe for a garden tractor you might cheek out P.F Engineering @ 413-256-4960 or http://www.loaderplans.com. I plan on building one for my Wards squire 9 soon.

yup, I have been to that site also. It's pretty interesting. Pix and vids. It's a fun tour. They sell plans for loaders on pretty much any tractor. They seem to really be into doing it right; complete with front end upgrades, etc. Wish I could weld.

quote:
Originally posted by jsarro
quote:
Originally posted by MysTiK
Wish I could weld.
A new hobby!sm01
Yeh, creativity unleashed. I would like to find a course. Learn it the right way, and play safe. I have a lot of respect for power. I suppose I could surf it - that worked for chainsaw and tree felling; after I flirted with death a couple of times in total innocence. I think welding is first about safety, then knowledge of equipment and materials, then practice. I have watched it from a distance for a long time. Build/mod your own attachments - priceless. And always more to learn. It's a big room.

Graham, I totally understand on the safety issues. When you play with big boy toys, you can get big boy boo boo's. I am in the early stages of educating myself on welding. I have a cousin that will teach me, but I am not going to just jump in without doing my homework. Welding gives you that power of creativity. Like you, I have lots more to learn before I get to the welding. Jack

Some 5000 years ago, I watched myself in high school shop class make a beautiful bead about an inch long with an arc welder. The other 8 inches of the little project were not so good however. The real problem was that my idiot friends thought it was really cool to boost the voltages to maximum, so everybody was getting blasted by raining spark showers. Yep, that was really cool. It was only a short course. Sticking rods was also a lot of fun. But mainly I remember this dark world that lit up with the magic show. pretty fascinating stuff. I needed time to play with it, and at the right settings.... I hate the education system. Large classes in pandemonium and too much testosterone. And course requirements before personal interests. Just a great learning environment... not. I'll spare you the rest of the rant. But I think if I had a do-over, I would quit school, and just fly.... then do college later. Altho that's just another romper room too. :D hey, nothin like skyjacking for your own chat thread. I spose it's just a cool link thing. hope nobody minds. :O 8D you get the 620+loader rig? :D (gigglin')